Your campaign has the ability to track voters and contacts by adding them to groups/assigning them to tags. For example, voters who support, oppose, or are undecided in their preference toward a candidate can be labeled as such. The webElect platform comes pre-loaded with several group names, but you also have the ability to create your own, making the opportunities for voter segmentation and targeting virtually limitless. Once a group is made, voters can be added not only through different methods inside the webElect platform but they also can be imported from outside spreadsheets, databases, and voter-files by using the voter ID numbers.
WebElect also offers the Premium Tags add-on, which allows you to micro-target based on any of several professional and recreational licenses. For a complete list, visit the Premium Tags page.
Creating new tags/groups
To create new tags/groups, you can follow these steps:
- If you are starting from the old menu, select "Group Management" under Groups. From the new menu, select "Tags" under Administration.
- To add a new tag/group, select "Add new" in the top left corner.
- Enter in the name of the new tag/group, and be sure to hit save.
To delete groups/tags:
- Navigate to the group management/tags from the main menu.
- To delete one group/tag at a time
Last updated by Alli Bundy, created November 4, 2015