It may be necessary to merge duplicate records if a campaign finds that they have a contact record for someone that is separate from their voter record.
- If you are not already using it, switch over to the New Menu. To get there from the Old Menu, select "New Menu" in the bottom right hand corner
- Perform a search for the contacts/voters to be merged and select the checkbox in front of their name. When you select the box, you will see the selection counter increment in the top right. Note that you must not have any other records selected when you begin. If you do, select "Clear" from the selection drop down menu before starting.
- Once you have selected both of the records, choose the "Merge" option from the selection drop down menu (can be seen by clicking on the check with the number of selections in the top right).
- A form will appear showing the various values for each contact field. If a field has different values from the two records, chose the value that you wish to keep.
- Select "Save merge" and the two records will be merged keeping one set of notes, groups, etc.
Last updated by Alli Bundy, created March 10, 2019