The weWalk canvassing app is a simplified walk app used when you need the easiest method to get large groups of volunteers knocking on doors. It is accessed in Safari or Chrome mobile browsers at https://wewalk.app
- Easy for end users to access and use - minimal training
- Quickly mobilize large groups of new volunteers
- Can work offline without a data connection
- Users are tracked using a single "guest" account*
- Users must have a Packet ID to access a packet
- Only tag data and completion status are collected (no phone, email, or notes at this time)
*we will be adding an option that allows the campaign to specify if users must provide an individual identity
- Campaign creates a walk project and splits houses into walk packets.
- Campaign creates a 3 word access code used by volunteers to access the campaign in the weWalk app. Example "flag star fly"
- Campaign distributes the app web address and pass phrase to the group of volunteer walkers.
- Walkers access the app in their web browser, enter the pass phrase, and enter a packet ID
- Walkers are presented with the packet details and a street list view. They can walk from the list view or a live map view and continue to work without a data connection. The app will continually monitor the data connection and push updates through when established.
- Create a walk project and packets.
- Log into the new interface at https://v5.webelect.net
- Click Volunteer Configuration
- Check to Enable Guest Access
Enter an access code, or click the wand to have one generated. Example "flag star fly"
- the phrase must be at least 12 characters long and at least 3 words
- choose words that are easy to understand when spoken
- words should not have muliple spellings
- use only letters so users do not have to change keyboards
- phrase is case insensitive so no need to capitalize
- Save the volunteer configuration
- In your mobile browser, enter "wewalk.app" in the address bar
- Enter the pass phrase as the campaign's access code
- Enter the packet ID given to you
Use the list and map views to walk to each house
- Expand a street to see the individual houses
- Expand a house to see the individuals. Targeted voters are bold.
- Enable/Disable tags as appropriate and then check the address when complete
- You may use the live map view with a data connection, or reference the overview map if offline
Last updated by Doug Homan, created June 2, 2020